Systems Security Engineer
The Systems Security Engineer will support the Chief Information Security Officer to provide the highest quality of information assurance solutions to our customers. The primary function of this role is to be responsible for developing and implementing security solutions, including the ongoing assessment and tracking of adherence to required FedRAMP guidelines across the enterprise computing environment which includes both private and public (AWS) Cloud.
In this role you will
- Administer network and computing devices/systems that enforce security policies and audit controls in Windows environment
- Assist the Tech Ops and Application Development Team in their transition to AWS
- Formulate security architecture recommendations and design security services
- Implement technical solutions to contractual requirements supporting SSAE16, FISMA, ISO 27001
- Assist in responses to external audits, penetration tests and vulnerability assessments
- Recommend and coordinate the application of fixes, patches, disaster recovery procedures in the event of a security breach
- Research emerging technologies in support of security enhancement and development efforts
- Conduct risk assessments, penetration tests and diagnose internet/extranet security, intrusion attempts, and cyber-crime response
- Perform project leadership tasks on select security projects
- Solid familiarity with application and network security.
- Must be able to perform hands-on support for a wide range of security technologies including, but not limited to: SEIM, IDS
You’ve got what it takes if you have
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related field; or equivalent post high school education and/or work related experience.
- Exposure to public cloud providers like Amazon Web Services, Azure, Google Cloud, etc.
- Three (3) years in a system administration (e.g., Network, Windows) role.
- Experience scripting in a Windows environment using PowerShell or equivalent
- Five or more years’ experience in IT security
- Experience in working with compliance and regulatory program requirements.
- Experience analyzing network, event and security logs, and/or IDS alert logs.
- Proven project management and organizational skills, specifically managing multiple concurrent projects and meet deadlines.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision making skills, applied with a solution-focused attitude
- Excellent written communication skills, demonstrating the ability to write with purpose, clarity, and accuracy
- Strong self-directed work habits, exhibiting initiative, drive, creativity, maturity, self-assurance and professionalism
- Excellent teamwork skills
Extra dose of awesome if you have any of the following licenses/certifications ..
- CISSP, CISA, CEH, CSSLP, CHFI, CCSP, GCIH, GCIA, PMP, ITIL v3