|One of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. This company owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. This company’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.|
|About the Opportunity
Looking for a Systems Engineering professional who wants to work in Los Angeles or Englewood Cliffs, NJ as a Security Analytics Infrastructure Engineer.
The Engineer is responsible for on-boarding log-sources into Splunk environment, including creating field extractions, data transformations and data quality validation. The Engineer will work under the direction of the existing team to follow standards and implement changes accordingly.
Ideal candidates most have experience at large firms handling a distributed, multi-TB per day Splunk deployment
Seeking a well-rounded IT professional with a strong Linux skillset, automation practices and procedures, data integrity and analytical reporting experience.
· Design, build, support and maintain Splunk infrastructure in a highly-available configuration.
· Perform installation, configuration management, license management, data integration, data transformation, field extraction, event parsing, data preview and application management of Splunk platform.
· Standardize Splunk forwarder deployment, configuration and maintenance in Linux and Windows platforms.
· Collaborate with internal teams to integrate data feeds to a centralized Splunk platform.
· Troubleshoot Splunk indexers, search heads and forwarder problems.
· Build, customize and deploy Splunk apps as per internal customer needs.
· Create data retention policies and perform index administration, maintenance and optimization.
· Develop and maintain production quality dashboards, custom views, saved searches and alerts for Splunk Operations and for other clients as per their requirements.
· Create role based access and SAML-based SSO authentication for Splunk.
· Create and maintain architectural diagrams and other relevant documentation for the Splunk platform.
· Assist internal users of Splunk in designing and maintaining production quality dashboards
· Arrange necessary training for Splunk internal customers.
|· 4-6 Years of Administration in Splunk
· Experience with automation of operational tasks in a fast-growing environment
· Experience with administration of applications in a Linux-based environment
· Strong hardware and software troubleshooting skills
· Experience designing and creating dashboards, reports and/or queries.
· Ability to produce detailed technical documentation for Technology Security teams
· Ability to meet strict deadlines and effectively complete designated job assignments under significant time and supervisory pressure
|· Experience with scripting (shell and/or python)
· Experience operating in an Information Security environment with familiarity of multiple industry-standard tools
· Experience with leading projects (a plus)
· Responsible, reliable, takes initiative, patient, determined, assertive, inquisitive, has tenacity, and a desire to learn.
· Able to communicate effectively with firm personnel at all levels and outside parties as necessary
· Has the interpersonal skills necessary to interact and work productively with the Technology Security team and customers
· Able to work independently
· Normal working hours and available as necessary, available to work before and/or after hours, either on-site, over the telephone, or at off-site meetings, to meet the demands of the job and the needs of the enterprise
· Expected to carry a company-issued phone to insure availability