The successful candidate will be joining the company at an exciting time where it is transforming from an operational, tool-based cyber defense program to an intelligence and threat-based organization. The successful candidate will be part of an agile Security Technology and partner with other Cyber Security and IT teams to shape the future of cyber defense at the company.
The Cyber Security Tools Engineer will be responsible for addressing wide ranges of opportunities, including evaluating technologies, writing code and integrating systems where needed to improve security. The candidate will be a significant player in automation, new technology investigation, development, and integration.
- Take ownership in the overall security of the company enterprise
- Follow secure engineering and development practices
- Interact and experiment with a wide range of technologies to understand and describe their strengths and weaknesses
- Develop innovative tools (scripts, software, or IT processes) to close gaps and empower technologists
- Build systems and software that are documented, stable, and easily understandable by technical audiences. Work independently to write scripts and small-scale applications and implement IT systems based on basic requirements and use cases.
- Use technical and non-technical data to answer security questions with informed analysis.
- Keep up-to-date on trends in security, best practices. Participate, share with, and learn from communities of practice. Create reports, summaries, or sketches as appropriate.
- Familiarity with cybersecurity principles and best practices, whether from academic exposure and projects or professional experience
• Comfort and enthusiasm for writing software (Python preferred) to solve problems
• Interest in emerging technologies, passion for experimenting.
• Basic system administration knowledge on Windows or Linux.
• Experience collecting and organizing data in various formats (Excel, CSV, JSON) and synthesizing results
• Experience working in security engineering or operations – building, managing, or using security technologies in a business environment.
- Bonus points for experience with threat-centric, intelligence-based security operations. (1 – 3 years preferred)
• Flexible, with a creative approach to problem solving, with demonstrated track record of aligning technical objectives and programs to enterprise objectives and strategies
• Highly collaborative; personally, and professionally self-aware; able to and interested in interacting with employees at all levels; embody integrity; and represent and inspire the highest ethical standards.
• Strong Python development background – experience with dependency management, revision control, test and documentation approaches and frameworks, data structures, etc.
• Intellectual capability and curiosity to learn complex processes.
• A dedicated and self-driven desire to think creatively and produce results
• Ability to work with and gain the trust of business stakeholders, technical resources, and third-party vendors
• Strong sense of urgency and commitment – able to meet deadlines and ask clarifying questions to understand and ensure work matches longer-term objectives
• Passion for and interest in media and entertainment industry highly desired