The successful candidate will be joining the company at an exciting time where it is transforming from an operational, tool-based cyber defense program to an intelligence and threat-based organization. The successful candidate will report to the Chief Security Architect and partner with Information Technology and the business to shape the future of cyber defense at the company.
Responsible for selecting, designing, and implementing security controls across a range of technologies and embedding security principles into projects. The Cybersecurity Engineer will work across different businesses and collaborates closely with the Business Area Cyber Security Officers to deliver solutions for the business that meet cybersecurity needs.
The Cybersecurity Senior Engineer will function as technical and engineering subject matter expert for specific cybersecurity technology areas. They will partner with the company businesses to deploy and sustain secure solutions by understanding the technical aspects of the business problems and applying sound security engineering knowledge and experience.
- Ensure the company enterprise is secure.
- Implement, and model security practices for enterprise environments using an intelligence and threat-driven defense model.
- Use strong interpersonal skills articulates vulnerabilities to technical and not-technical audiences
- Support businesses in designing, implementing, deploying, and sustaining systems that start out and remain secure throughout their lifecycle
- Interact with technology teams to understand business imperatives, document use and abuse cases, and generate security requirements
- Leverage technical understanding of vulnerabilities and exploits using knowledge of network operations (Firewalls, VPNs, WAF, etc.), operating systems (Windows, Unix, Linux, etc.), and application infrastructure (Application Servers, Web Servers, APIs, etc.) to select and implement appropriate controls
- Use understanding of weaknesses and vulnerabilities to offer additional detail on how systems can be compromised and abused
- Produce threat models and attack trees as part of security engagements
- Determine technical solutions to address security weaknesses and work with relevant stakeholders to implement them
- Escalate and brief senior management on issues affecting technology delivery
- Communicate effectively with representatives of the Lines of Business, technology specialists, and vendors
- Build and contribute to communities of excellence. Mentor junior security engineers
- 5+ years’ experience in a cybersecurity role with technical delivery experience.
• Excellent technical Subject Matter Expertise in an area such as operating systems, network devices and protocols, security technologies, Cloud technologies, and/or secure data sharing workflows.
• Intellectual capability and curiosity to learn complex processes.
• Strategic thinking and decision-making.
• Ability to balance multiple demands in a fast-paced growing environment
• A dedicated and self-driven desire to think creatively and produce results
• Ability to coordinate, work with and gain the trust of business stakeholders, technical resources, and third-party vendorsDesired Characteristics
- Must be flexible, and have a creative approach to business, with demonstrated track record of aligning technical objectives and programs to enterprise objectives and strategies
• Highly collaborative; personally, and professionally self-aware; able to and interested in interacting with employees at all levels; embody integrity; and represent and inspire the highest ethical standards.
• Strong sense of urgency and commitment, as well as sound business sense with a strategic, conceptual and operational orientation
• A highly service-orientated approach with a track record of improving service levels and client satisfaction
• Experience advising on technical related issues
• Careful listener with the confidence to make crisp and tough decisions about difficult issues; natural propensity to make others feel that their view points and perspectives are adequately considered
• Passion for and interest in media and entertainment industry highly desired